Lemon Curd Marbled Cheesecake


I dearest the lemon tree inwards my garden, specially when it's total of lemons. She (yes, she!) was planted yesteryear my grandad inwards 1931.

The grand quondam dame is celebrating her 80th birthday this year. Her body is gnarled amongst historic menses exactly Mrs Taango – that's what nosotros telephone telephone her because: lemon → tang → Taango – all the same produces a charge of fruits every year.

Mrs Taango is as well as hence pretty I never teach tired of looking at her. I dearest the bunches of yellowish lemons hanging against the white-washed rock walls, as well as the kitchen door which is vivid bluish – the exact same shade of bluish equally the cloudless Mediterranean sky . . .

"Hello? Hello? populace to KT! populace calling . . . KT!"

THUD! (Sound of KT landing dorsum on earth.)

Huh? What? Oh shucks! I'm non inwards the Mediterranean! I don't convey a garden. I don't convey whatsoever 80-year-old lemon tree. I teach my lemons from NTUC.

Oh no! N₀oOo₀oO . . . !  The grand quondam  dame is celebrating her  Lemon Curd Marbled Cheesecake

But at that spot is promise yet. Maybe the Greek or Italian economic scheme volition autumn into a big, dark hole, bigger as well as blacker than the ane they're inwards now, as well as soul out at that spot volition sell his lemon orchard cheap . . . with a squeamish family thrown in . . . bluish door optional!

*sigh*

Vewy depwessed . . . 

I take away something to cheer me up. Let me swallow cake or, improve still, permit me swallow cheesecake. And it has to hold upwards lemon, my favourite flavor for cheesecake because it's the perfect foil for cream cheese. One's tart; the other's rich – a swell combination for nutrient (and sometimes people too).

*munch munch munch, chomp chomp*
Rrrrr . . . Whoa, my encephalon is whirring away amongst the cheesecake equally fuel.

You know what? If the basis opened upwards as well as swallowed the euro, that'd travel too. Everything inwards ex-Euroland volition become for a song, as well as I'll teach all the lemon trees I want, addition a few olive orchards, as well as a family mansion amongst an infinity puddle overlooking the Mediterranean Sea . . .

*sigh*

More cheesecake, please!

LEMON CURD MARBLED CHEESECAKE
Source: Maggie Ruggiero, Gourmet, July 2006
(Recipe for ane 9- to 9½-inch cake; serves 10)

Click here for the recipe. The cake should hold upwards baked for most lx minutes instead of the recipe's lead for 45 minutes. A water-bath as well as cooling the cake inwards the oven would help forbid cracks.

The master copy recipe is besides rich for me. I brand a lighter (but all the same rich) version.

Here's what I do:

Reduce the lemon curd recipe yesteryear 1 egg as well as 1 tbsp butter, as well as add together ½ tsp cornflour as well as hence that the curd all the same thickens good amongst less eggs as well as butter.

Replace the sour cream (35% fat) inwards the filling amongst thick educate natural yogurt (3% fat), drained to arrive thicker as well as less sour.


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel