Northern Indian Nutrient @ Chutney Mary, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur

the pot of goodness - fluffy briyani rice amongst a touching of aromatic spices
It has been a spell since I've indulged inwards Northern Indian food. Weirdly enough, it's i of those cuisines I absolutely love (something I picked upward during my academy days inwards England) but don't look to consume it oftentimes enough. I lay it downwards to the fact the nutrient tin live on but also filling for dinner in addition to when the 2 of us dine out, nosotros look to prefer lighter alternatives similar Japanese food.
cute crackers, tangy dips, lovely tabular array settings

While this position is non novel (reviews look to hark dorsum to 2007), I acknowledge I never noticed it until that 24-hour interval nosotros visited. See, the work amongst me is whenever I'm inwards Bangsar, I only zoom inwards on Village Grocer for my grocery shopping.


palak paneer, butter chicken in addition to prawn curry at the back, imitation jewels on the tablecloth, garlic naan
While this position may non live on bustling amongst people (have y'all noticed how deadly soundless the dining scene has been recently? I wonder if this is a sign of the dwindling economy?), I create love their chic decor. Tables are given a vivid pinkish sizzle amongst runners boasting the restaurant's mention in addition to colourful drinking glass shaped jewels. Pink seems to live on a dearest colour, every bit y'all instruct that same splash of coloring inwards their privy facilities including a unique pinkish coloured sink! All roughly the place, y'all come across touches of Indian elements - non overwhelmingly in addition to thus that y'all don't experience similar it has been overdone. My only gripe - they definitely involve to republish their carte since it's domestic dog eared in addition to torn inwards surely places.

Once our orders are placed, nutrient arrives quickly. If you're curious close their cooking methods, y'all tin peek through their opened upward kitchen covered amongst a drinking glass window to come across what is happening. For starters, our crackers came amongst 2 types of dips - a mint flavoured i in addition to a mango chutney that tasted homemade in addition to less tangy compared to the bottled variety. The briyani rice (RM9.90) is heavenly - each fluffy grain emitting a lovely odour of spices that I kept earthworks into the pocket-size pot for more. As Northern Indian curries are rich in addition to creamy, nosotros only sampled their Malabar prawn curry (RM21.90), the butter chicken or murgh hava-mahal (RM18.90) together amongst i of my must-haves, the palak paneer (RM13.90). I chop-chop became a fan of their gorgeous butter chicken, a dish rich amongst flavor in addition to a thick creamy oral cavity texture. Even the palak paneer, a mutual dish flora inwards almost all Northern Indian restaurants tasted dissimilar every bit I could genuinely position the thick cubes of cottage cheese. My to the lowest degree favourite were the prawn curry since it didn't look to stand upward out much compared to the other dishes. The garlic naan (RM5.90) was also squeamish in addition to fluffy fifty-fifty though they were quite mild amongst the garlic. We ended our lovely repast amongst a pot of masala tea (RM11.80 for 2).

I reckon I'll live on dorsum for more, every bit the nutrient definitely perks my interest. I also loved how they beautifully acquaint their nutrient - inwards copper pots that keeps it warm, a lovely floral clay pot for our briyani rice in addition to fifty-fifty the green hum-drum apartment crackers were given a pyramid shape. Also spotted on their carte - romali bread, a favourite of mine made amongst no crude oil every bit they create it at the dorsum of the wok.

Chutney Mary
No. 21-G, Jalan Telawi 2
Bangsar
Kuala Lumpur

Tel: 03-2282 9923

(Pork free. This position is on the same route every bit Planters Jim in addition to La Bodega. It is farther upward from Woods Macrobiotics. Open from 11am until late. For to a greater extent than pictures, come across my Flickr set.)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed hither is only based on my personal tastebuds in addition to may vary for others. This review is fourth dimension sensitive; changes may occur to the position after on that tin touching on this opinion. The reviewer also declares that she has non received whatever monetary or non-monetary compensation from this position for writing the review.

Other review:

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel