Ramadan Bazaar 2010 @ Bandar Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur

pretty grape jelly

It is weird, every yr whenever I enjoin to myself I should pack this Ramadan Bazaar crawling up, I inevitably honor a bazaar that totally inspires me. This week, I wanted something unlike from the same one-time ones I direct maintain visited. Those may live the tried in addition to pop ones but I was looking for a newer perspective. Taking a boundary of faith, I wandered into a house I've never gone earlier - the Velodrome at Cheras.

super pretty items: agar agar amongst basil seeds, majestic in addition to light-green agar agar in addition to Spongebob cupcakes!

Fighting through the edifice traffic, I took a few detours to avoid the jams in addition to endure got to the Velodrome. Expecting loads of stalls, I was dissapointed every bit it was alone virtually 10 plus stalls there. Oops, did I larn it incorrect 1 time to a greater extent than I wonder? Not wanting to plough over up, I decided to movement only about inwards search of some other spot.

The making of a Kelantanese delicacy - akok

A few turns only about in addition to kabaam! I struck the motherlode of bazaars - a huge 1 that stretched for a long length only about Jalan Yaacob Latif inwards forepart of the Sains Selangor School. It was completely uncharted territory for me but I was in addition to therefore happy to discovery something new. Parking was relatively slow every bit the roads were in addition to therefore broad y'all could only commons on the other side of the route in addition to enterprise into the bazaar.

Beko - similar to Akok except it has grated coconut

This bazaar was good planned - large canopies comprehend the walkway in addition to the stalls that are on both sides. There's ample walkway infinite in addition to best of all, you're sheltered from the rain. It tin larn a piddling gloomy though within the canopies but it's yet a improve agency to avoid getting sick if it starts to rain.

coffee to operate out along y'all awake

What I actually liked virtually the bazaar every bit good the interesting nutrient items I found....the people manning the stalls were in addition to therefore incredibly friendly. As at that spot was in addition to therefore much to see, I kept stopping in addition to chatting to people who were willing to part the data fifty-fifty though they're busy.

The making of murtabak from Murtabak Gombak stall

Let's become on to the food...I was impressed amongst Akok Melor - this stall that sold a multifariousness of akok, which is a Kelantanese delicacy. Aside from the manifestly eggy version, the Kelantanese stall possessor had also added corn, pandan in addition to kokosnoot shreds to this version known every bit beko. He also had kuih bakar in addition to large akok made inwards the same mould of the kuih bakar. I couldn't resist in addition to bought some - the akok is in addition to therefore gorgeous amongst an eggy custard midpoint flavoured amongst gula melaka that melts inwards the mouth. Before I knew it, I had finished the whole pocketbook every bit they were in addition to therefore incredibly good. What you'll also notice is some other stalls also sweat in addition to copy the same items but they don't sell every bit well.

Murtabak Gombak

Next to the Akok Melor stall is the Laksa Langkawi stall that also looked good. Around this area, a sort of grilled chicken using a Turkish dear method is popular. Here, they marinade it inwards a special dear (and a reddish colour) in addition to grill it on a moveable spit. The chicken does await dainty but the cerise coloring tin live a piddling offputting though. Seems to live a pop method only about hither every bit some other stall was doing the same affair inwards the Velodrome.

Fried Ayam Dara from the Nasi Kukus stall
Murtabak is ever a favourite in addition to here, the most pop stall is the Murtabak Gombak. I halt past times in addition to picket the human swing his roti canai dough, stretching it out on the hot plate, pours the eggy filling earlier folding it into a parcel to laid upwards till golden brown.

Steamed fluffy rice

I specially similar the adorable cupcakes from Petit Cafe - all decked upwards inwards gorgeous colours in addition to wonderful designs similar a Chanel bag, Spongebob in addition to etc. Seems the creator uses Brazilian chocolate from a unmarried rootage for his cupcakes! Other pretty things I'm attracted to are the jellies of course of education - inwards diverse colours, dotted amongst fruit in addition to the prettiest ever, layered amongst those "frog eggs" or basil seeds within to plough over it an additional crunch.

The kicking donkey fiery sambal from the Nasi Kukus Ayam Dara stall

Another stall that was doing brisk trouble organization was the Nasi Kukus Ayam Dara from Kota Bahru. Steamed rice is packed in addition to y'all swallow it amongst fried chicken, some curry sauce in addition to a spoonful of their hot fiery sambal. I love the rice every bit it is dainty in addition to fluffy amongst the aromatic chicken. Each parcel costs RM5 in addition to is good worth the wait.

Grilled chicken wings coated amongst honey, multi-tiered ayam percik grill

They also direct maintain the Kentang Spring hither in addition to some other detail I direct maintain been seeing inwards most bazaars - the prosperity burger, a direct maintain of McDonalds festive burger amongst the spicy sauce. The same stall also sells kebabs amongst a twist - an extra sausage amongst cheese. There are also stalls that grill lamb chops, slap-up for those who love their meats in addition to diverse stalls selling popiah including 1 they nicknamed popiah killer every bit it is coated inwards a wickedly spicy cerise chilli sauce.

It was a genuinely fun bazaar sense in addition to I definitely won't hear returning 1 time to a greater extent than to this house to sweat out to a greater extent than things. I know I'm genuinely hooked on the akoks in addition to therefore that volition definitely live a must purchase if I return.

Ramadan Bazaar Bandar Tun Razak
Carpark Taman Tasik Permaisuiri inwards forepart of the Selangor Sains Secondary School
Jalan Yaacob Latif
Bandar Tun Razak
Just off Jalan Loke Yew
Kuala Lumpur

(For to a greater extent than pictures, encounter my Flickr set. For a listing of DBKL's Ramadan Bazaars, encounter this link to DBKL's website.)

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel