Get Your Jelly On! Solar Daytime 22 - The Erstwhile Timer (Cold Chicken Jelly)

so tedious in addition to only when I convey to form out all my posts Get Your Jelly On! Day 22 - The Old Timer (Cold Chicken Jelly)

 The Internet is driving me mad...so tedious in addition to only when I convey to form out all my posts.


Aargh! This is in addition to thus frustrating.


Okay, rant over...I improve teach on to today's post.


so tedious in addition to only when I convey to form out all my posts Get Your Jelly On! Day 22 - The Old Timer (Cold Chicken Jelly)


A swain blogger aka alilfatmonkey had asked me to consider doing an one-time fourth dimension favourite, the mutual frigidity chicken jelly from Pudu's Sek Yuen.


The Chinese eating seat is famous for serving retro nutrient from the 1960s including this appetizer.


Usually made inward a rice bowl, it has shredded chicken ready inward jelly that is served on a bed of lettuce.


 so tedious in addition to only when I convey to form out all my posts Get Your Jelly On! Day 22 - The Old Timer (Cold Chicken Jelly) 


I've made my ain version, amongst a few brusk cuts since I had to maximise my fourth dimension during this weekend. The ingredients are cobbled together from the chicken rice shop. Clear chicken soup for the jelly base of operations piece the poached chicken is shredded. 


My version contains a piddling surprise nestled inside that you lot teach to yesteryear earthworks through....a poached egg amongst a soft egg yolk centre.


so tedious in addition to only when I convey to form out all my posts Get Your Jelly On! Day 22 - The Old Timer (Cold Chicken Jelly) 


Set on a bed of Japanese cucumbers in addition to served amongst a pinkish sauce that reminds me a piddling of prawn cocktails, it's finger licking expert that I wished I had made more. Do laissez passer on the uncomplicated recipe a endeavor every bit it'll definitely surprise your friends in addition to theater unit of measurement at home. 


Cold Chicken Jelly (Makes for i mould) 


170ml chicken soup 
1 tablespoon gelatine powder 
shredded chicken 
1 egg, poached 
Japanese cucumber, sliced thinly 


sauce 
1/2 tablespoon love apple tree ketchup 
1/2 tablespoon chilli sauce 
1 tablespoon Kewpie mayonnaise 
1 tablespoon condensed milk 


Soften gelatine pulverization yesteryear sprinkling over a piddling water. Bring soup upward to boil. Add to gelatine pulverization to melt in addition to combine. Place shredded chicken inward mould in addition to pour over jelly mixture. Set the poached egg inward the middle. Surround amongst chicken in addition to jelly mixture. Chill for ii hours or to a greater extent than for a firmer jelly. Mix the sauce ingredients in addition to gustatory modality to your liking. 


 To serve: Arrange cucumber slices inward a circle. Unmould jelly yesteryear dipping mould inward hot water. Place jelly on occur of cucumbers. Drizzle sauce on the side. Eat in addition to convey fun looking for the egg that oozes out.


Reminder: Support the displace yesteryear buying a Royal Selangor Nick Munro pewter mould every bit all proceeds teach to pectus cancer welfare association. Also, create recall to submit your suggestions to booliciouskl@gmail.com or exit a comment for the mould to win the Olympus photographic tv camera VG-110. For to a greater extent than pictures, see the Flickr set for all the whole Royal Selangor Jellyriffic challenge. To view, all the jellies, run across this link to the Royal Selangor website


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel