Crabs, Prawns, Bali Tong Together With Lala @ Asia Seafood, Imbi Park, Kuala Lumpur


fragrant prawns

Work has been going crazy equally park - as well as so crazy that I must acknowledge I notice it almost suffocating as well as I conduct maintain to remind myself to breath every solar daytime or else I reckon I may only keel over alongside the stress. Blogging seems to conduct maintain taken a backburner too, equally weblog posts appear to only emerge after 2 days versus a few hours. Enough of the whinging as well as dorsum to food.


frying prawns takes a lot of heat

I acknowledge I was toying alongside the thought of non blogging nigh this place. Usually the full general dominion seems to hold upwards "I don't weblog a house if it's non worth it" but till today I am reminded of 1 weblog reader's request, that I weblog nigh the good, the bad (and fifty-fifty the ugly) dining places inwards town.

cooking the lala

For the longest fourth dimension ever, I conduct maintain heard rumblings nigh this 20-year onetime stall that sold seafood correct smack inside a nutrient courtroom at Imbi only behind the Walter Grenier flats. My friend CS who patronised this house told me they sold amazingly proficient bali tong as well as she volition ofttimes purchase dorsum the seafood similar crabs as well as etc, to consume at domicile instead since it was kinda dingy. She did warn me that on occasions the character of the crabs tin hold upwards quite "watery", which I felt was their allow down.

yummy siong tong lala packed alongside lots of ginger as well as chillies

Taking CS' cue, I also packed dorsum my food. Prior to my meal, I was treated to a visual display of what went on inwards the "kitchen" since it was all opened upwards to encounter beingness located at a nutrient court. Definitely an pump opener, the possessor was busy at his v as well as to a greater extent than shape atomic publish 26 woks boiling upwards sauces, cooking the seafood simultaneously. There's a lot of forcefulness out activeness going some as well as when he saw me snapping away, he fifty-fifty stoked the forcefulness out higher for me. Even tourists who walk past times can't aid but hold upwards fascinated alongside the whole cooking process.

crabby endings

Not beingness a fan of balitong, I opted for the normal clams cooked inwards a soupy broth aka siong tong lala. Eaten pipe hot the clams were gorgeous alongside a stock infused alongside a whole lot of ginger as well as chopped chili padi or bird's pump chillies. Definitely proficient to warm upwards the breadbasket since the stock starts to forcefulness out a piddling from the ginger as well as chillies.

kam heong crab

Another favourite were the prawns, dry out fried alongside chopped garlic as well as chillies. Cooked briefly inwards high heat, the whole dish is really aromatic as well as finger licking good. Tasted fifty-fifty proficient the adjacent solar daytime when I had leftovers for dinner.

steamed crabs

The letdown were the crabs - piece they came super fresh I'm notwithstanding non for sure if they were picked at the incorrect fourth dimension of the calendar month (I sympathise from the Crab Queen Precious Pea, at that spot are for sure times inwards the calendar month where the crab heart tin hold upwards watery). Steamed crabs weren't as well as so tasty equally the heart only didn't brand the mark. This fifty-fifty ruined their kam heong fashion crabs also. I won't dominion out their crab potential equally patently they're famous for the crustaceans thus I reckon it definitely needs a minute see to exam out the theory. To hold upwards safe, stick to the lala as well as bali tong dishes that were really popular. The cooking styles for the dishes are also quite limited - steamed, chili as well as kam heong for the crabs as well as similar styles for the other seafood. More pictures tin hold upwards establish at the Flickr set (including those funny expressions from the chef when he is cooking).

Asia Seafood
Stall No. 48
Imbi Park
Jalan Walter Grenier
Kuala Lumpur

Tel:012-629 9568

(Pork free. Stall is contrary Restaurant Then Siong as well as at the nutrient courtroom surface area correct behind Overseas Restaurant as well as betwixt Jalan Walter Grenier's flats.)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed hither is solely based on my personal tastebuds as well as may vary for others. This review is fourth dimension sensitive; changes may occur to the house afterwards on that tin impact this opinion. The reviewer also declares that she has non received whatsoever monetary or non-monetary compensation from this house for writing the review.


Tagged with: +

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel