Winter Truffle Gear Upwardly Carte Du Jour @ Sage, The Gardens Residences, Mid Valley City, Kuala Lumpur




I convey a soft location for truffles...they're my Kryptonite. Show me those black diamonds and my knees larn weak while my rima oris goes dry out inwards anticipation. Hence, when a skillful friend whispered that Sage was having their wintertime truffle menu, I could experience my breath getting short. Who cares if I but had truffles barely a calendar month ago. Isn't it the fourth dimension to indulge I rationally reasoned with my conflicted encephalon since I was celebrating the year-end?





Thus, I ended upwards having 1 of the most bright truffle lunches (it's commonly available for dinner but they made a special exception for us). It was literally raining truffles that twenty-four threescore minutes catamenia - on my turbot carpaccio, fanning my silky pasta strands, dotting my crisp skinned pan seared seabass in addition to fifty-fifty adorning my creamy vanilla H2O ice cream.





When nosotros kickoff started our meal, I had to chuckle when the appetizers were served in addition to I tried to snap a painting to capture the dish. Where's the turbot alongside this shadowy dark dish? It was literally similar the Chinese flick championship - crouching tiger hidden dragon. A peek nether the dense cloud of the dark diamond shavings revealed the wonderfully fresh fish sliced thinly in addition to anointed with a dash of oil. Its a wonderful combination that I slow enjoy every mouthful.





Next it was the pasta dish, similarly decorated with the heavy autumn of truffle shavings. It's almost unnoticeable until nosotros force aside the frail shavings to give away the strands. I dreamily slurp downwards the pasta twirls piece catching the bits of the dark shavings on the side.





Even though Angus beef tenderloin was on the menu, I wanted a lighter selection so they kindly allowed us to switch to a pan seared seabass. It came with an added bonus - a perfectly cooked Hokkaido scallop on the side. The sauce was a niggling sweetness but it balances out the earthy gustation of the truffles. I've ever loved the seabass hither since they create it then good with that crisp pan seared skin.





I larn a gustation of the beef, which is as skillful but but on the heavier side since its too paired with foie gras - triple decadence inwards 1 plate I reckon. We round upwards the wonderful meal with an interesting dessert in the course of didactics of truffle H2O ice cream that turned out to live vanilla H2O ice cream topped with truffle shavings. I peculiarly loved the creamy sabayon dotted with fresh fruits on the bottom layer.





After then many shavings of truffle, yous tin sack start feeling the room turning upside down. Maybe after that truffle haze has passed, you'll but notice it was ceiling mirrors that give yous that effect.





We destination with macchiatos in addition to a cappuccino to chase the nutrient coma blues away. It industrial plant for a piece but around of us had to larn around close middle after such a heavy decadent meal. Priced at RM250 nett per person, it is definitely a must-do peculiarly if yous dear truffles. Go on...you necessitate to celebrate, but discovery whatever excuse similar me.

Sage Restaurant

The Gardens Residences
6th Floor, The Gardens
Mid Valley City
Lingkaran Syed Putra
59200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel No: 03- 2268 1188


(Pork Free. The wintertime truffle carte du jour is all the same available until 31 January, 2011 or until stocks last. For farther details nearly Sage's offerings including what's available for their weekly luncheon menu, depository fiscal establishment tally their website. The sum wintertime truffle carte du jour is too available.)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed hither is solely based on my personal tastebuds in addition to may vary for others. This review is fourth dimension sensitive; changes may hap to the identify subsequently on that tin sack comport on this opinion. The reviewer too declares that she has non received whatever monetary or non-monetary compensation from this identify for writing the review.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel