Get Your Jelly On! Twenty-Four Hours Eighteen - The Brit (Steamed Maple Syrup Pudding)

 1 of the best things I discovered was my dear for steamed puddings Get Your Jelly On! Day xviii - The Brit (Steamed Maple Syrup Pudding)

When I was studying inwards England, 1 of the best things I discovered was my dear for steamed puddings.


My hall of residences was a fiddling weird. Instead of a cafe nutrient organization for dinner time, we'll e'er sit down downwards to consume together at an affixed time.


 1 of the best things I discovered was my dear for steamed puddings Get Your Jelly On! Day xviii - The Brit (Steamed Maple Syrup Pudding)

 The nutrient was never groovy materials yous would write abode almost but 1 affair stood out, their incredible mightiness to churn out these soft steamed puddings that nosotros would consume alongside lashings of custard.

Every fourth dimension they served steamed pudding, I'll brand certain I attend dinner. The soft texture of the pudding alongside the creamy custard was together with hence worth patch sitting through rubbery lamb chops together with awful fish together with chips.

I've decided to recreate a fiddling of my academy memories alongside this steamed maple syrup pudding. Maple syrup ain't real Brit though (in fact it came from Minnesota Red Lake where I visited the Native Indian tribes) but I didn't desire to purpose golden syrup since there's non much gustatory modality to it.

Do taste it together with hopefully it'll usage a retentiveness for yous that yous tin dismiss relive to a greater extent than or less other fourth dimension simply similar how steamed puddings concord a large significance for me.

Steamed Maple Syrup Puddings (Makes ii moulds together with a fiddling more)


125ml maple syrup
75g butter, softened
75g caster sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
150g apparently flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted.
125ml milk


Heat maple syrup for 7-9 minutes or until thickened. Grease the moulds lightly alongside butter. Ladle thickened syrup within together with chill patch yous brand the pudding batter. Beat remaining ingredients until combined. Spoon mixture into moulds. Cover alongside foil. Steam alongside the H2O upwardly to 1/2 agency through for forty minutes. Remove together with unmould. Enjoy alongside extra syrup together with vanilla H2O ice cream.


Reminder: Support the campaign yesteryear buying a Royal Selangor Nick Munro pewter mould every bit all proceeds become to pectus cancer welfare association. Also, usage think to submit your suggestions to booliciouskl@gmail.com or piece of job out a comment for the mould to win the Olympus photographic goggle box camera VG-110. For to a greater extent than pictures, see the Flickr set for all the whole Royal Selangor Jellyriffic challenge. To view, all the jellies, run into this link to the Royal Selangor website


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel