Thai Kopitiam @ Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park, Kuala Lumpur


Thai pandan kaya alongside toast


I've been on a mission...almost an impossible i but I'm happy to tell I've reached a decision (and yep it's a happy ending fifty-fifty though it'll accept a few to a greater extent than weblog posts). It has been a subconcious examine on my purpose to expression for skillful Thai food. While I knew where the Thais ate as well as shopped, I wanted to sense eating theatre food that reminded me of the wondrous culinary creations from our neighbouring country.



seafood tom yum


Quite a few years back, nosotros travelled all the means to Bangkok from Kuala Lumpur past times road. It was fourth dimension consuming but nosotros all totally enjoyed the whole trip since it meant a lot of exploration. Starting from the edge town of Sadao, nosotros made our means to Haadyai, Chumpon, Hua Hin as well as lastly Bangkok. Traversing through the southern purpose of the province made me realise that their curries bore a unopen resemblance to what nosotros served on our Malaysian tables. Once y'all hitting the fundamental as well as northern regions, it was a unlike bowl of tom yum completely - to a greater extent than refined, less blood-red as well as somewhat to a greater extent than fragrant. Ever since then, I've been searching only about for those same flavours inward my Thai meals. Strangely enough, the closest I e'er got to that long tasted nutrient retentivity was inward Singapore when I dined at a eating theatre serving Royal Thai cuisine.



Yellow curry fried seafood, pad thai as well as omelette


In the pursuit of that Thai nutrient mirage, I ended upward at this modest kopitiam recommended past times Time Out KL. It seemed a lilliputian weird to uncovering a Thai eatery hither amidst the bounding main of Chinese eateries. The modest house is run past times a mother-and-daughter squad from fundamental Thai. From what I understand, their local partner recommended they opened upward up here. What plant for their wages is they're adjacent to the e'er pop Jojo Little Kitchen.



red rubies dessert


If you're dining hither for lunch, they produce elementary i plate meals such every bit pad thai or fried rice. Dinner features a to a greater extent than extensive bill of fare of dishes y'all tin order. Since it is a kopitiam, they every bit good serve the Thai pandan kaya (RM2.90 alongside bread) - a watery pale dark-green concoction dribbled alongside kokosnoot milk. It's a lilliputian sugariness as well as smoothen but goes good alongside the toasted bread. For my lunch, I sample the pad thai (RM8.90), i of my favourite noodles. It wasn't the best e'er I get got tasted but it was a decent sized percentage alongside fresh prawns that I enjoyed.


We returned dorsum for dinner some other nighttime as well as discovered the tum tickling seafood tom yum (RM9.90). It was fiery hot as well as perfect for a rainy nighttime alongside only the correct amount of tanginess from an abundance of kaffir lime leaves as well as lemongrass used. They were every bit good pretty generous alongside the prawns for the soup. The choices on the dinner bill of fare tin live quite limited thus don't expression the commons kerabus. We had the recommended seafood fried inward a xanthous curry as well as fluffy eggs (RM12.90). While it was mild as well as pleasant, I didn't actually uncovering whatsoever wow constituent here. Same for the omelette, some other recommended dish. Luckily dessert of the ruby blood-red waterchestnuts (Tub Tim Krob for RM4.50) saved the day. I loved the silvers of nangka that went thus good alongside the refreshing kokosnoot milk. They every bit good serve mango pasty rice as well as the sinful durian alongside pasty rice, an exceptional I get got non eaten for some fourth dimension since Hatyai Street Food closed down.


My decision at the halt of the solar daytime was fifty-fifty though the nutrient was reasonably priced but it wasn't what I was looking for. It's belike skillful for a quick repast should y'all live only about the expanse and their Thai pandan kaya alongside toast, if you're a large fan of it.


Thai Kopitiam
28GF Jalan Kuchai Maju 9
Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park
Off Jalan Kuchai Lama
Kuala Lumpur


Tel: 03-7982 4643


(Pork Free. Open from 11am to 11pm daily. Place is correct across from Jojo Little Kitchen inward Kuchai. For to a greater extent than pictures, come across my Flickr set.)

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed hither is exclusively based on my personal tastebuds as well as may vary for others. This review is fourth dimension sensitive; changes may occur to the house after on that tin deport upon this opinion. The reviewer every bit good declares that she has non received whatsoever monetary or non-monetary compensation from this house for writing the review.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel