Penang Fare @ Magic I Restaurant, Petaling Jaya

 lately that I convey been on machine manner alongside the weblog Penang Fare @ Magic One Restaurant, Petaling Jaya

I must acknowledge I've been together with then busy (and pre-occupied alongside work) lately that I convey been on machine manner alongside the blog. It only dawned on me today that the weblog is hitting a huge milestone....5 1 chiliad k page views. Feels similar yesterday that it striking the iii 1 chiliad k marker. Time does fly. Previously, I've marked the momentous occasion alongside a celebration but I watch this fourth dimension round, it'll endure a much quieter affair. However, create remain melody for something exciting inwards October.


Even though I started this weblog eons agone (I telephone telephone them the black ages!), I convey tried to concur onto to the regulation that everyone's sense of savor buds are subjective. Blame it on solid unit of measurement history, memories, personal dislikes together with etc - what industrial plant for you lot may non piece of work for others. Most of the fourth dimension since the character of ingredients is inwards constant flux, this too affects the sense of savor of the nutrient - what tasted expert a few months agone deteriorates tremendously alongside the toll hikes.


 lately that I convey been on machine manner alongside the weblog Penang Fare @ Magic One Restaurant, Petaling Jaya


Take for instance, this novel house I was introduced to a few weeks back. The get-go see had uncovered Penang hawker fare that nosotros enjoyed immensely. However, a revisit alongside others saw the assam laksa (RM6.90) chalking upwards the misdemeanours - "not spicy enough," claimed 1 friend -  "watered down", said another. Despite the negative feedback from others together with its inconsistencies, I acknowledge I create convey a soft topographic point for this assam laksa. Its mellow degree of spiciness is simply perfect for me specially after the add-on of the pungent prawn paste. Perfect for rainy nights simply similar the ones nosotros convey been experiencing.


 lately that I convey been on machine manner alongside the weblog Penang Fare @ Magic One Restaurant, Petaling Jaya
Equally expert is the Penang Hokkien mee (RM6.90), a delicious prawn together with chicken broth that nosotros polished off the whole bowl of broth, noodles together with its topping of fresh juicy prawns, difficult boiled eggs together with H2O spinach.


 lately that I convey been on machine manner alongside the weblog Penang Fare @ Magic One Restaurant, Petaling Jaya


 Even though it is non 100% genuine since it is non fried alongside lard, I idea the char koay teow (RM6.90) was pretty darn good. I too liked the chicken lobak (RM9), that was delicately perfumed alongside the spices. Its only occupation would endure the lack of the thick chocolate-brown sauce on the side.


Not everything though volition striking the pleasance score for you. While the mamak mee (RM6.90) has a lovely wok hei, I felt it was simply a tad sweet. The kuey teow soup dish (RM6.90) too failed since the broth simply didn't sense of savor similar the read deal. Neither did I relish the pie tee or give hats (6 for RM9), stuffed alongside a thinly sliced cabbage instead of the crunchy yam bean. The belacan fried chicken wings (RM15) was pretty decent fifty-fifty though it did lack the pungent belacan aromas.


 lately that I convey been on machine manner alongside the weblog Penang Fare @ Magic One Restaurant, Petaling Jaya


What I create dear is their cendol (RM5.80) equally they piece of work this incredibly fragrant gula melaka syrup that uplifts the dessert into something together with then heavenly nosotros had to gild seconds. Admittedly the cendol together with the stone oil texture of the shaven H2O ice may non endure appealing to others but for me, that rich olfactory belongings of the palm saccharide hits the correct topographic point for me.


The carte du jour is non limited to Penang specialties equally it serves a mix of Chinese cooked dishes that includes seafood (lobster!), which I acknowledge I didn't respect incredibly exciting. However families ordinarily dine hither together with gild those dishes. I'm simply perfectly happy to slurp downwardly my assam laksa or Hokkien prawn noodles alongside a side gild of lorbak. Do give it a drive together with permit me know if it fits your tastebuds. Hopefully it does.


Magic One Restaurant
275, Jalan 5/51
Gasing
Petaling Jaya


Tel: 03-77841998


(Pork Free. Restaurant is located at the Gasing area, same row equally Kavitha's Indian restaurant. Open from noon to 12 midnight. Set dejeuner from noon to 6pm available for hawker fare alongside H2O ice lemon tea together with costless cendol for RM9.90. Full gear upwards of pictures are inwards the Flickr set.


*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed hither is solely based on my personal tastebuds together with may vary for others. This review is fourth dimension sensitive; changes may occur to the house afterwards on that tin terminate comport upon this opinion. The reviewer too declares that she has non received whatever monetary or non-monetary compensation from this house for writing the review.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel