Get Your Jelly On! Twenty-Four Threescore Minutes Catamenia Half-Dozen - The Retro 1 (Banana Hoon Kueh)

I woke upward to the word of Steve Jobs passing away Get Your Jelly On! Day six - The Retro One (Banana Hoon Kueh)

Life is then fragile.


I woke upward to the word of Steve Jobs passing away. Throughout the day, condolences swamped Twitter in addition to Facebook that seemed to envelope everything amongst a sadness. Then this evening, nosotros received word close an ex-colleague who lost the create out against lung cancer. 


Sigh...


I woke upward to the word of Steve Jobs passing away Get Your Jelly On! Day six - The Retro One (Banana Hoon Kueh)


Strangely plenty the jellies appear to endure fifty-fifty touched yesteryear a feel of blueness today. Not intentional I assure yous but something I but observed later I uploaded in addition to edited the pictures.


Most of my creations are ofttimes sparked off yesteryear a for sure retentivity in addition to when I saw this recipe inwards a magazine, it striking a nervus amongst me. 


I woke upward to the word of Steve Jobs passing away Get Your Jelly On! Day six - The Retro One (Banana Hoon Kueh)


It is a rather foreign ane since it came from my childhood days. I vaguely retrieve when I was a kid inwards primary school, my parents went on a long trip to tour Europe in addition to they asked my blood brother to hold off later me. It was a weird province of affairs since nosotros weren't really unopen due a huge historic catamenia gap (he was dorsum from summertime holidays from boarding school) but I gauge since no ane was unopen to to hold off later me, he had no choice.


During that time, he cooked (I retrieve roast chicken was his specialty - but chuck everything into the oven) in addition to he would walk me upward the loma in addition to dorsum for school. One clear retentivity stuck to my encephalon cells, he made this corn hoon kueh dessert - a really easy-to-mix sweet. I gauge it was lodged inwards my retentivity forever since I don't always retrieve my woman bring upward making us desserts fifty-fifty though nosotros had our fair portion of habitation bakes. 


My banana version is non perfect cones (I've even then non perfected the fine art of turning it over into the ideal cone unless I role tons of agar agar powder) but the gustation of this dessert definitely brought dorsum sweetness memories of bygone days.


Rest inwards peace Steve in addition to Elizabeth. Thanks over again for the happy memories.


Banana Hoon Kueh (Makes ii moulds in addition to a lilliputian to a greater extent than to hold inwards a tupperware)


3 ripe bananas
1 bundle (85g) hoon kueh flour (white colour)
200ml thick kokosnoot milk (I used Kara brand)
400ml water
pinch of salt
100g caster sugar


Steam whole bananas amongst their skins for 5-7 minutes. Remove from the steamer. Peel bananas. Cut into 3cm rounds. Set aside. In a pot, oestrus remaining ingredients over medium heat; stirring continuously until it thickens. I similar to larn out it on the steamer then the mixture does non over thicken in addition to scoop the mixture out. 


Place close 3cm high of hoon kueh mixture inwards the mould. Place the banana slices inwards ane layer. Add to a greater extent than hoon kueh mixture, close 3-5cm high. Place the banana slices inwards ane layer. Add remaining hoon kueh mixture till the top leaving close 1cm gap. Repeat for the 2d mould. Any excess tin endure stored inwards a container. Chill for ii hours. Turn over in addition to serve.


Reminder: Support the sweat yesteryear buying a Royal Selangor Nick Munro pewter mould every bit all proceeds become to pectus cancer welfare association. Also, create retrieve to submit your suggestions to booliciouskl@gmail.com or larn out a comment for the mould to win the Olympus photographic television camera VG-110. For to a greater extent than pictures, see the Flickr set for all the whole Royal Selangor Jellyriffic challenge. To view, all the jellies, run into this link to the Royal Selangor website.


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel